We strive for a Christ-centred community where learning is enjoyed in a supportive and challenging environment and where each individual’s special gifts are shared in response to the school motto: “Let your Light Shine”
As a Catholic School in the Diocese of Broken Bay, OLGC exists to educate and form young people in Catholic discipleship: offering them experiences of following Jesus as members of a Catholic community.
Our vision is to build an engaged community that inspires all to be creative, curious, and reflective learners who work towards their full potential, empowered to make a difference in our world.
It is the mission of all members of this community to work together to provide a learning environment which:
- is a genuine Christian community enlivened by such Gospel values as service to others, honesty, justice and hope;
- has a family like atmosphere where people reach out in support of each other in a climate of mutual trust and safety;
- fosters high standards of educational excellence;
- recognises and responds to the different needs, abilities and learning styles of each child;
- responds creatively and constructively to the challenges presented by major social, educational and technological change;
- celebrates the efforts and achievements of our community.